Albert Reichmann (Hebrew: אלברט רייכמן; born 1929) is a Canadian businessman. He is one of five brothers who controlled the Reichmann business empire. The Reichmann family is listed as one of Canada's 100 richest families.
Reichmann joined his younger brothers Paul and Ralph Reichmann, who had set up business in Toronto. Paul was the president of their company, Olympia and York, in 1989 worth 8.4 billion dollars. Albert served in a secondary role as chairman of the company, but was most known for his philanthropic work. In the late 1980s while Paul was devoting his time to the Canary Wharf project, Albert became closely involved in the cause of the Jews in the Soviet Union. He used his money and influence in an effort to enable their emigration to Israel. In 1993, it was reported that he lobbied congress about Libya and Israel. His endowment is based in Brooklyn, New York.
Reichmann is an investor in ImageSat, who sued the company.
- "Canada's Richest People: The Complete Top 100 Ranking". www.canadianbusiness.com. Retrieved 2020-08-03.
- Millward, David (2019-09-15). "Reichmann brothers, who built Canary Wharf for Margaret Thatcher, embroiled in 'baffling' family court battle". The Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2020-08-04.
- Slovak, Julianne (1989-09-11). "The Billionaires RANKED BY NET WORTH". CNN.
- "History of Olympia & York Developments Ltd. – FundingUniverse".
- Business Builders in Real Estate. The Oliver Press, Inc. 2002. p. 124. ISBN 978-1-881508-79-3.
- "1980s". Building.
- "Ralph and Albert Reichmann: An unfortunate end to a remarkable story of immigrants". The Washington Times. Archived from the original on 2019-09-03. Retrieved 2020-08-04.
- New York Media, LLC (23 August 1993). Libya's Odd New Friends. New York Magazine. New York Media, LLC. pp. 16–. ISSN 0028-7369.
- "Albert Reichmann Global Endowment Fund Inc - 501C3 Nonprofit - New York, NY - 113531185".
- "Reichmanns Rebound". Maclean's Magazine, September 22, 1997, via The Canadian Encyclopedia website
- "Company News; Reichmann Family Members Buy Olympia Leasing Unit". The New York Times. 1993-07-27. Retrieved 2010-04-23.
- DAVID POMERANTZ. "Spy Satellite Lands Israel in U.S. Court".